A major coastal storm will produce heavy snows and strong coastal winds which will result in power outages across the Northeast. Winds along the coast will be strong with gusts up to 70 mph over Long Island and New England. The storm will become a sub 990 mb low which is a strong storm for this time of the year. Given the heavy nature of the snow and the thundersnow that will occur, snow rates will be 1-2 inches per hour from PA into NY and that will bring down tree limbs and power lines. Heavy rains and thunderstorms will produce minor flooding problems. The storm will hit tonight into Tuesday morning.
- Power Outages due to Heavy Snow and High Winds
- Coastal winds gusting over 60 mph on Long Island and southern New England
- Heavy wet snow with thunder and lightning.
- Heavy snow will snap tree branches and bring down wires.
- Coastal flooding and beach erosion
- Heavy rains and thunderstorms will bring 1-3 inches of rain and minor flooding